Due to the start of Ramadhan now being confirmed for Monday 30th June, we have had to change the dates of the Ijtema to the weekend before on 20,21,22 June 2014. This is to allow participants to return to their homes in a timely and safe manner rather than rush the night before Ramadhan.
The theme of this year’s Ijtema is “The purpose of the advent of the Promised Messiah”. You will hopefully have seen this theme being developed throughout the year in your activities as well as local and regional ijtema’s. Essentially to try and make man closer to his creator. In this spirit we hope that we can create an atmosphere of brotherhood amongst each other over the three days.
Following on from last year’s highly successful Ijtema we have taken on board feedback, views and ideas from hundreds of participants and have tried to incorporate where practical some of your ideas. Below are a few of the things you can expect this year.
· 3 day summer retreat in Islamabad, Tilford, Surrey.
· Range of academic & sporting events
· Horse Riding aswell as Exhibition
· Special Saturday evening Dinner with beloved Hazur Aqdas (May
Allah strengthen his hand)
· Opportunity to inshallah offer prayers behind Hazrat Khalifatul
Masih (May Allah strengthen his hand)
· Games Marquee
· Library/Study Marquee
· Separate Dining Marquee for children (atfal)
· Doubled Accommodation areas
· Exhibitions including Police, Hiking, Cycling, Ambulance, First
Aid, Humanity First etc etc.
· Climbing Wall
· Star Gazing
· Open Access short talks Friday & Saturday morning: topics include Science, careers, job hunting, hiking club, cycling club, CV writing amongst others.
Scenes from Ijtema 2013